Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Weight

I don't know what's happened to the year so far, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the fact that March is almost over...

I feel like just yesterday I looked at the calendar (provided by my CT as a Christmas present and it's wonderful, you guys) and it said "January". Now, I'm facing down a colloquium that's due in three weeks and the end of my spring semester at UNH. HOW HAS THIS HAPPENED?! Graduation from UNH is in under two months! Granted, I'm still going to be taking some courses over the summer, but I'm walking in May.

I don't want to leave my internship. I may have had some ups and some downs, but I love this whole teaching thing. Fingers crossed that I get a job doing this next year (although... not teaching means a trip to Food and Wine festival with my dad and a few others in October...).

I just finished my second solo week and it went well. We're chugging along nicely toward the end of the year. Children's Lit is just finishing up their unit on fantasy stories and will be transitioning into fairy tales next week. British Lit just finished Frankenstein and is moving into the Romantic poetry before we finish that unit and move into the Victorian era. I'm really excited for what I have planned for the Victorian time period. I had to be creative because I don't want to spend too much time on it, even though it's my favorite era, because I want to get to 1984 before the end of the year.

The colloquium is coming together. It's outlined, but not typed, and I've got a couple more elements to finish up. I want to use an entire quarter of assignments in my data set, so I'm waiting until grades are official to crunch those numbers. Grades close Friday, so I should be able to have numbers done and explained by the end of next week.

What's killing me is my class in Manchester. I'm really struggling to get everything done for that class. But it has to get done somehow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment